Location: 222 19th Ave SW
Local Register, South Capitol National Historic District
|Talcott House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||Talcott House today (2013), photo by Deb Ross|
This handsome house was built some time between 1907 and 1915 by R.H. Luepke, who worked at the Olympia Brewing Company, but was later owned by two generations of the Talcott family (George Noyes, Jr. and Richard Talcott). The Talcotts were an early pioneer merchant family (see the Talcott Jewelry store , Talcott Commercial Building, and Talcott Apartments ). George Noyes Sr. and Addie Chambers Talcott lived around the corner in the more modest George and Addie Talcott House. This home is on the local register and also in the South Capitol National Historic District where it has a distinguished place as one of the finer examples of Foursquare style in the neighborhood.
For more on the Talcott family, see the Residents section of this website.