Location: 606 Columbia St SW
Downtown National Historic District
|Talcott Commercial Building-Columbia Street, 1964, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives|
Talcott Commercial Building-Columbia Street today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This is part of a complex of buildings erected over a period of several decades by the Talcott family near the intersection of Legion Way and Capitol Way, where the Talcott family once lived. This building was erected about 1951 in a utilitarian design typical of the commercial and industrial structures along Columbia Street. Several other structures in town are associated with this pioneer family, including nearby Talcott Apartments and Commercial Buildings, Talcott Jewelers further north on Capitol Way, the George and Addie Talcott home, and the Luepke-Talcott House. Talcott Avenue is just south of here.
The building is listed as Historic Contributing in the Olympia Downtown National Historic District.