Location: 601 Capitol Way S and 115 Legion Way SW
Downtown National Historic District
|Talcott Apartments, 1964, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||
Talcott Apartments and Commercial Buildings today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
The Talcott Apartments and Commercial Buildings are a complex consisting of a two story brick building that faces Capitol Way at the corner of Legion Way, and three adjacent one-story buildings that extend downwards towards the water along Legion Way. The buildings were developed by the Talcott family in 1928, on a site originally occupied by the Charles Talcott family. The first story of the brick building has been extensively changed, with clerestory windows covered over with pebble-like facing. However, the upper story remains much the same as when the building was constructed. Several other structures in town are associated with this pioneer family, including Talcott Jewelers further north on Capitol Way, the George and Addie Talcott home, and the Luepke-Talcott House. Talcott Avenue is just south of here.
The building complex is on the City of Olympia Heritage Inventory and in the Olympia Downtown National Historic District.