Location: 2003 Capitol Way S
Local Register; South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood
|George and Addie Talcott House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
George and Addie Talcott House today (2013), photograph by Deb Ross
The Talcott family were early arrivals in Olympia and established Talcott jewelers downtown, an establishment that lasted over 100 years. The middle of the three Talcott brothers was George Noyes Talcott, who married Addie Chambers, also a member of an early settler family. George and Addie lived on Eastside Street until they moved into this small Craftsman home in 1923. Like many in the South Capitol neighborhood, the home was one of the Tumwater Lumber Mills pre-cut design (see the Harmon House for more information on this company, and a link to one of the company’s catalogues).
George and Addie’s son G. Noyes (or George, Junior) lived in a much larger home around the corner (Talcott House). Both are on the local register as well as being in the South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood.