Location: 2422 Washington St SE
Local register; South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood
|Dan O’Leary House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||
Dan O’Leary House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This Colonial revival style home was designed by architect Frank Stanton, for a time a partner with Joseph Wohleb. It was built in about 1928 for Stanton’s brother-in-law, Dan O’Leary, and his wife Hope Chambers O’Leary, daughter of mayor A.H. Chambers (see Chambers House and Chambers Block). O’Leary was partner, and later president, of the Mud Bay Logging Company, one of the first area logging companies to employ railroads, which enabled the company to log over the Black Hills. (Dan O’Leary’s brother, Dr. John O’Leary, lived a few blocks away, in the John O’Leary House, also designed by Stanton). The home is on the local register and in the South Capitol National Historic District.