Location: 118 18th Ave SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood
John O’Leary House, 1938, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
John O’Leary House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This colonial revival style house was designed by local architect Frank Stanton for his brother-in-law, Doctor John O’Leary (see also Dan O’Leary House). It was built in 1926, and, like others, Doctor O’Leary might have chosen this neighborhood for its proximity to St. Peter Hospital, then located near Capitol Campus. The home is on the local register and in the South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District.
South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross