Location: 2139 East Bay Drive NE
|Stanton House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||Stanton House today (2015), photo by Deb Ross|
The Stanton House, on East Bay Drive, was built in 1928 using a design by Joseph Wohleb. The home was owned by Frank Stanton, Wohleb’s partner (see John O’Leary and Dan O’Leary Houses for examples of Stanton’s work). The home is built in the Foursquare style, which might have been considered a bit old fashioned at the time, but once again demonstrated Wohleb’s versatility and ability to conform to the individual needs of owners.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross