Location: 217 4th Ave E
Downtown National Historic District; Wohleb
Simenson Jeweler Building, 1964, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
Simenson Jeweler Building today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
The Simenson (or Simonsen) Jeweler Building was erected in 1923 and remodeled by Joseph Wohleb in 1930. It was later the Bergstrom Sporting Goods store. The building is in the Downtown National Historic District and listed as Historic Contributing.
In 1914, Robert Esterly took a photograph of the building formerly at this location, the Capital Kandy Kitchen (see link below). The Gottfeld’s building can be seen to its right.
Olympia Downtown National Historic District
Washington State Historical Society (enter the following catalog numbers in Collections Search box), 2010.149.29.1
Looking Back feature on Bergstrom and Lassen
For more on Oley Simenson, see the Residents section of this website
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross