In the early 1930s, Bill Bergstrom and Irving Lassen founded Bergstrom’s Sporting Goods store (in the Simenson Jeweler Building) on Fourth Avenue, where the Spider Monkey tattoo parlor is now. Here, Bergstrom and Lassen show off a brace of fish caught with tackle from their store. Irving Lassen is the dapper gentleman at the left. He later founded Lassen Electric (now in the Star Laundry building, see also Lassen House) and, at his death, endowed the Lassen Foundation for the benefit of the people of Thurston County. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit us at olympiahistory.org.Vibert Jeffers photograph, 1938, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives
Bergstrom and Lassen – 6/14/15
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.