Location: 1516 4th Ave E
Local register; Religious institutions
|Peters House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
Peters House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
The Peters House is a relatively early example of craftsman style bungalows in Olympia. It was constructed in about 1909 by lumberman Joseph Peters. The home also served for a time as the manse for Westminster Presbyterian Church, which built the brick church structure next door. This well-preserved home is on the local register.