Mills and Mills/Sticklin Undertakers building

Location: 414 Franklin St SE
Religious Institutions

sticklinSticklin Undertakers around 1914, photo courtesy of Washington State Historical SocietytapestrySticklin Undertakers/Mills and Mills building today (2012), photo by Matt Kennelly

This building on Franklin Street is one of the oldest mortuaries in Olympia, built about 1900. At the time of the photograph at above left, taken by photographer Robert Esterly, it was managed by Hugh Sticklin. Shortly after that the business was acquired by Jesse Mills, of the pioneer Mills family. The Mills family operated the business until recently, when it has hosted religious communities and retail operations. It has an unusual elongated fourquare style.

For more information follow these links:

Olympia Heritage inventory

Washington State Historical Society (enter following catalog number in Collections Search box): 2010.149.7.2

For more information on the Mills family,see the Residents section of this website. See also the Parker/Mills house on Where Are We?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Locations of Historic Interest. Bookmark the permalink.