Location: 822 Governor Stevens Ave SE
Le May/Leonardson House, 1940, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
Le May/Hedges House today (2015), photo by Shanna Stevenson
The Le May/Leonardson House, built in 1940, is the third in a series of homes built by Ernest and Mildred Le May (see Le May House in West Olympia and Le May/Hedges House nearby on Governor Stevens). The house is a Minimal Traditional Style with Colonial Revival detailing built in brick with signature detailing of the period. Other owners of the house include Helen Marie and Carl Leonardson, who was a manager for Georgia Pacific.
The Le May family owned meat markets on Fourth Avenue and in downtown Olympia at 1023 Capitol Way, an inventoried property (currently occupied by the Subway franchise). They also had a meat market in the Wildwood Shopping Center
Olympia Heritage Commission inventory sheet
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross