Location: 603 Governor Stevens Ave SE

lemay-hedges_1937Le May/Hedges House, 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
lemay-hedges
Le May/Hedges House today (2015), photo by Shanna Stevenson

Ernest and Mildred Le May built this Minimal Traditional style house in 1937 and sold it in 1939 to Thomas and Annie Hedges, who owned the home for many years.  Thomas Hedges was a State Tax Commissioner. The Le May family owned meat markets on Fourth Avenue and in downtown Olympia at 1023 Capitol Way, an inventoried property (currently occupied by the Subway franchise). They also lived in the Le May House before moving here.

Olympia Heritage Commission inventory report

Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross