Location: 119 22nd Ave SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic District
|L.E. Dawley House, 1956, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||L.E. Dawley House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross|
This beautifully maintained Spanish Colonial home was built in about 1929 by Leo E. Dawley, one of the two Dawley Brothers contractors who were responsible for many of the buildings downtown and elsewhere (see, e.g., the Dawley Building Hart-Dawley House). Mrs. Dawley, nee Elgia Witiwer, was a noted musician. The home is on the local register and in the South Capitol National Historic District.