Location: 2061 East Bay Drive NE
|George G Mills/Kent House 1955, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
George G Mills/Kent House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This elegant English Revival home, on the east shore of Budd Inlet, was built in 1920 with a design by Seattle architects Thomas and Totty. Owners were George G Mills and his wife Helen Merritt Mills. George G was the son of George W Mills, an early Thurston County pioneer (George G’s brother, Jesse, founded the Mills and Mills Funeral Parlor; see Parker/Mills House). He owned a hardware store and also was a land registrar and teacher.
The home was acquired by the Kent family in 1941; according to the historic plaque, it was the venue for many social occasions over the decades. It is still (2014) owned by the family. The home is on the local register.
For more information on the Mills family, see the Residents section of this website.