Location: 108 Franklin St. NW
Local Register; Popular Culture
Avalon Annex building, 1964, Southwest Regional Archives
Christensen Radio/Avalon Annex Building today (2017), photo by Deborah Ross
The Avalon Annex was added in 1949 to the Avalon Theater and Avalon Office complex, extending along Franklin Street. It housed a number of commercial establishments, including Christensen Radio and Fox’s clothing store. It was the first home of the Hands on Children’s museum in the 1990s, and currently (2017) houses a pizza parlor. On the north side of the building is a large mural. The building has recently (2016) been added to the Olympia Heritage register.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross