Location: 510 Franklin St SE
|YMCA, date unknown between 1910 and 1920, General Photograph Collection, Digital Archives||YMCA today (2012) photograph by
The Olympia Athletic Club was founded in 1892 and operated in various locations around Olympia. By the time the first phase of this building was completed in 1910, it had merged with the YMCA. The building was erected in phases between 1910 and 1963. The 1940 addition was designed by local architect Joseph Wohleb. It is a functional concrete building with few ornaments or other outstanding architectural features. The building has been inventoried but is not on the local register. The YMCA moved a few blocks away in 2019 and the fate of this building is currently (2022) uncertain.