Union Pacific Depot – 11/17/19

The Union Pacific depot on Fourth Avenue is shown here in a photo from the 1920s. The depot was later the site of a tragic 1959 accident involving runaway freight cars. A portion of the depot building still exists, now the site of a pet store. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information see olympiahistory.org.

Boland photo, 1920s, courtesy Washington State Historical Society

 

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.