Territorial Capitol – 2/5/17

The capitol building from Washington’s territorial days sits empty in this photograph from 1911. Between 1905 and 1928, the Washington State Legislature met in the Old State Capitol building downtown, now the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Work began on the current Capitol Campus grouping in 1912. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org. Asahel Curtis photograph, 1911, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.