By the 1920s, St. Peter Hospital had outgrown its original location on what’s now Capitol Campus. The large structure shown here, in West Olympia on Sherman Street, was completed in 1924, and included a nursing school and modern X-ray equipment. In this 1952 photograph, a nurse and Sister of Providence attend a patient. The building is now an apartment complex. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit olympiahistory.org. 1952 photograph, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives
St. Peter Hospital – Sherman St
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.