Location: 1220 4th Ave E
|Romanousky House, 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||
Romanousky House today (2015), photo by Deb Ross
This attractive and well-maintained Tudor Revival house on 4th Avenue east was built by Annastazie (Anna) Romanousky, or Romanowsky. She was an immigrant from Czechoslovakia who arrived here in 1922. She operated Crane’s Cafe for several years, then the State Capitol cafeteria with her son Charles. This home was built in 1931 and was in the family until 1975.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross