Location: 224 17th Ave SE
Local register, South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood
|Phillips House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||
Phillips House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This comfortable Craftsman style home is from the Tumwater Lumber Mills catalogue and dates from 1922. Its massive round porch columns give the home a neo-Colonial flavor. Tumwater Lumber Mills was a company founded by the Swedish-born Anderson brothers and was the source for over 50 homes in the South Capitol neighborhood as well as several homes on the West Side of Olympia (see, e.g., Harmon House for more information about this company). Frank Phillips, the owner, was a dentist. The home is on the local register and in the South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross