Location: 1518 Columbia St SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic District
|Parr House, 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||Parr House now (2013), photo by Deb Ross|
This sturdy Foursquare style house was built around 1893 and originally sat at the location of the Temple of Justice. It was moved several blocks when the Temple became the first building in the Capitol Campus group. Harry and Evelyn George Parr built the home, and founded a four-generation dynasty of attorneys who have practiced in Olympia for over 100 years. Harry L. Parr ( 1877-1962) was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and came to Olympia after the turn of the 20th century. He was in private practice and also worked for the Attorney General’s Office. The house is on the local register and is in the South Capitol National Historic District.