Otis House

Location: 203 18th Ave SE
Local register; South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District; Wohleb

otis_1939Otis House, 1939, Thurston County assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Otis House today (2013), photo by Deb Ross

The Otis House, built in 1914, was an early commission for Joseph Wohleb. In these early years of his work in Olympia he was adeptly and dramatically demonstrating the breadth of his skills, from the Dutch Colonial Cloverfields, to the English Renaissance McCleary Mansion, Mission style Lord Mansion, to this Craftsman style with a hint of Tudor elements. Otis was a board member of Capital Savings and Loan. The home is on the local register as well as located in the South Capitol Neighborhood National Historic District.

Olympia Heritage inventory

South Capitol National Historic District

 

 

This entry was posted in Locations after M. Bookmark the permalink.