Location: 201 Simmons St NW
|Olympia Yacht Club 1972, cropped from image of Ralph’s Thriftway and Yacht Club, Port of Olympia collection, Southwest Regional Archives|
Olympia Yacht Club today (2012), photograph by Deb Ross
The Olympia Yacht Club was founded in 1889 and obtained moorings at the present location just east of the Fourth Avenue bridge in 1915. At the time it was flanked by the oyster houses of J.J. Brenner and Olympia Oyster Company. The false lighthouse was built in 1930, which was part of the original clubhouse. The current clubhouse was built in the 1950s.
Washington State Historical Society (enter the following catalog numbers in Collections Search box), C1950.1301.22.4