Location: 1015 4th Ave SW
|Perspective of Medical Arts Building, about 1962, Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation||Medical Arts Building today (2014), photo by Deb Ross|
The Medical Arts Building was commissioned in 1962 by doctors E.V. Olson and William Bigelow. It was completed in 1966. The building was adjacent to St. Peter’s Hospital on Sherman Street, on the West Side, and housed a variety of medical practitioners, including a pharmacy. The doctors hired noted local architect G. Stacey Bennett to produce a modern, yet practical building whose beauty and utility continue remarkably intact nearly fifty years later.