Location: 301 5th Ave E
|Mann’s Seeds Building, 1964, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||Mann’s Seeds Building today (2014), photo by Deb Ross|
The utilitarian structure at the corner of Franklin and Fifth was built in 1945 and housed Mann’s Seeds. According to historian Bernice Sapp, this was the location of the home of Champion Bramwell (CB) Mann. CB Mann ran a pharmacy in the Turner Block building, was from an early pioneer family, and acted as territorial librarian for a time. His most significant contribution to us, however, was the initiative he took in the early 20th century to locate and survey Thurston County’s original pioneer families, recording how they arrived here, who they came with, where they settled, and other information. This material is now on line as the Thurston County Pioneers Project.
The building now houses a popular and long-standing record store business. The building has not been inventoried.
For more information on the Mann family, see the Residents section of this website.