Location: 1418 Oak Ave NE
|Mallory House in 1939, photo from Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives|
Mallory House today (2010), photo by Deb Ross
This pleasing 1895 Queen Anne-style cottage was built by Henry Mallory, who began his career as a a machinist at the Springer and White mill and rose to become the owner of its successor company, the East Side Lumber Company. He was one of the more prominent businessmen and developers in the city. The home is on the Pamela Hale plat in the Bigelow area of Swantown (east Olympia) and is a fine example of the smaller cottages built in the neighborhood around that time. It has been recently restored and added to the local register of historic buildings.
For more information follow these links: