The Lewis and Clark Trading Post was located at the eastern end of the Fourth Avenue bridge, and offered repairs, trades, and “Affectionate Tourist Information.” Notable in this photograph from 1949 are the cranes which were being used in construction of the Fifth Avenue dam and bridge; the dome of the Legislative Building, under repair after the 1949 earthquake; and the then-new Memorial Clinic to the east, which was razed in late 2015. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit us at olympiahistory.org. Unknown photographer, 1949, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives
Lewis and Clark Trading Post – 1/31/16
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.