Location: 208 20th Ave SW
Local register; South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood
|Goss House 1937, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
Goss House today (2013), photo by Marisa Merkel
An early example of the Craftsman style bungalow, the Goss House was built around 1915 for Orville and Mamie Goss. Mr. Goss was Thurston County Superintendent of Schools and Principal of Lincoln School. The Gosses lived in the home from 1915 to 1930. It is on the local register and located in the South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood.