Susan Parish Photograph Collection, Washington State Archives, undated postcard, about 1910
In this postcard photograph, taken about 1910, we are looking west up Fourth Avenue from Adams Street. Trolley tracks run down the center of the street. On the right side of the street, the building with the cupola is Columbia Hall, the original city hall and fire station. The White House, about halfway down the left side, is one of the only buildings in this photograph that exist today. It was a grocery store and rooming house. This postcard, along with others featuring Fourth Avenue and Capitol Way, can be viewed at the Olympia Historical Society’s display window in the New Caldonia Building on Fifth Avenue. Photograph selected and captioned by the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.