In this 1906 photograph of Fourth Avenue in downtown Olympia, we can see some familiar buildings, and some that are no longer with us. At the left is the three-story Mottman Building at the northwest corner of Fourth and Capitol, and across from it on the northeast corner is the Chambers Block. Both still exist and are on the heritage register. The large masonry structure on the southwest corner was demolished after the 1949 Earthquake. The building in the distance, with the cupola, is Columbia Hall, now the site of the 4th Ave Tav. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum, olympiahistory.org.