Location: 1212 Olympia Ave NE
Local register; Olympia Avenue Historic District
|Donoghue/McCaughan House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives|
Donoghue/McCaughan House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
The Donoghue/McCaughan House is a large, well-preserved Dutch Colonial located on a large lot at the east end of the Olympia Avenue Local Historic District. The home was built in 1926 by Alvena and Roy Donoghue. Roy was listed as a millworker in the Polk Directory for that year. Later the home was owned by Alvina and Archibald McCaughan (despite the similarity in their names, Mrs. Donoghue and Mrs. McCaughan do not appear to be the same person). The home is on the local register.