Location: 3116 Lorne St SE
Crocker House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
Crocker House today (2014), photo by Deb Ross
This modest bungalow was built about 1920, in the early years of the development of the Carlyon Neighborhood. Fred Carlyon owned the property around the Carlyon Racetrack and the local ballfield and velodrome (now the site of the Sunset Insurance Building). With his partners, he began developing this area into residential units. The Crockers were the owners of the Crocker Rubber Company, which was located on Columbia St in downtown Olympia.
The home is on the local heritage register.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross