Location: 418 18th Ave SE
Local register, South Capitol National Historic District
Clemons House 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Southwest Regional Archives
Clemons House today (2014), Photo by Deb Ross
This small bungalow with a somewhat unusual hipped roof was built for John and Della Clemons in 1919. Originally from Germany, John Clemons had a business in the Capitol Theater Annex called “John the Tailor.” The home is on the local register and in the South Capitol National Historic Neighborhood.
For more information, and a photograph of John Clemons at his shop, see the Residents section of this website.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross