Location: 2932 Orange St. SE
|John Clark House 1941, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||John Clark House today (2015), photo by Deb Ross|
The John Clark House is one of several concrete brick homes built around 1940 in the neighborhood of Eskridge and Orange Streets, in the Stratford Place plat that was developed by Frederick Schmidt and his partners (see the Frederick Schmidt House, the Frank Schmidt House, the Fox House, and the Robert Wohleb Cottage). The design for this and other homes in the plat were by Joseph Wohleb; however, Frederick Schmidt researched and specified the use of concrete bricks. This building material was used for several of the homes in the area that were developed by Frederick, partly due to the shortage of wood during World War II.
The home is inventoried but not on the local register.