Centennial Parade – 5/13/2014

5-11-14bathingbeauties

Merle Junk photographer, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives

On May 5, 1950, the City of Olympia celebrated its centennial with a parade. Here, a float, featuring bathing beauties over the decades, rounds the corner of Capitol and Fifth Avenue. The Funk-Volland Building is in the background, where Olympia Federal Savings is now. Photograph selected and captioned by the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information see olympiahistory.org

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.