The Jewish communities of Centralia, Chehalis, Aberdeen, and Elma formed a chapter of the B’nai B’rith in the early 1900s. In this photograph from 1934, the group is meeting in the Masonic Temple, then located at 8th and Capitol in Olympia. Olympia’s Temple Beth Hatfiloh was formed just a few years later, in 1937. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.
Vibert Jeffers, 1934, Susan Parish collection, Washington State Archives