Block’s Shoe Store – 12/14/14

blocks12-14-14

Vibert Jeffers photograph, December 1937, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives

Block’s Shoe Store was located in the Pacific Building, now the home of Archibald Sisters. The building was once three stories tall; the 1949 Earthquake made the removal of the top two stories necessary. In this photograph from 1937, the store is decked out for Christmas. Photograph selected by Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For additional information, visit Olympiahistory.org.

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.