Location: 727 4th Ave E
The Bigelow Apartments were built by Ray Bigelow, son of pioneers Daniel and Ann Elizabeth Bigelow, in 1922 (see Bigelow House). The handsome, symmetrical design with its Tuscan columns at the entryway is termed Colonial Revival and was popular at the time (the Governor’s Mansion is also built in this style). The house has been well preserved. It is inventoried but not listed on a register.
For more information follow these links:
Washington State Historical Society, enter the following catalog number in collection search box: C1918.104.22.168.4 (also shows Ray Bigelow’s house next door, which no longer exists)
For more information on the Bigelow family, see the Residents section of this website and Bigelow House Museum pages
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross