Attribution: Vibert Jeffers Photograph, Susan Parish Photograph Collection, Washington State Archives, 1938
The Anderson Apartment building was located on North Capitol Way, adjacent to Zeigler’s Welding. Like other lodging establishments in this part of the city, many of its lodgers were men and women engaged in the port area’s industrial activities, such as seafaring, wood products, canning, and shellfish processing. This photograph by Vibert Jeffers was taken in 1938. Photograph selected and captioned by the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.