Acme Fuel Company at Capitol – 7/13/14

7-13-14acme

Vibert Jeffers Photograph, Susan Parish Photograph Collection, Washington State Archives, 1935

The Acme Fuel Company was founded in 1925 by the Springer Mill Company as a way to sell off their waste wood products to homes for heating needs. They soon began selling coal and heating oil as those energy sources became more common. In this photograph from 1935, the company is advertising its new General Motors delivery truck, parked in front of the Legislative Building. The company has been owned by the same family, the Allens, since 1940. Photograph selected and captioned by the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.

 

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.