Location: 702 Boundary St SE
|Tracey House, 1939, Thurston County assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||
Tracey House today (2010), photo by Deb Ross
The Tracey House is described in the City of Olympia’s inventory as “one of the most outstanding resources on the East Side.” It was built in about 1890, in an elaborate Queen Anne style. The excellent restoration efforts highlight the many interesting decorative features of the home, which made use of new techniques for wood turning and decorative shingling. The home was occupied, and possibly built, by Edward Tracey, a boom man, who at one time was also a police officer in the city. Tracey and his family arrived in Olympia from Nova Scotia in 1888. The home is inventoried but not on a heritage register.
Copyright © 2022 Deborah Ross