The State Capital Museum, now closed, was a repository of art and artifacts associated with the City of Olympia, the State of Washington, and curiosities from all over the world. In this photo from the 1950s or ‘60s, we see the replica of the Territorial Capitol building, created for Washington’s Centennial Celebration in 1953, displayed in the side yard. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.
Merle Junk photograph, 1950s or 1960s, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives