St. Peter Hospital  was founded in 1887 by the Sisters of Providence, at a location now on the grounds of Capitol Campus. The hospital moved to a new building on Sherman Street, in West Olympia, in the early 1920s. The new structure was a first-class facility, housing 100 beds and all the modern equipment, as well as a nursing school. After the completion of the current hospital building on Lilly Road, in 1971, the Sherman Street building was converted into apartments. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, visit us at Vibert Jeffers photograph, 1943, Susan Parish Collection, Southwest Regional Archives