St. Peter Hospital was founded by the Sisters of Charity of the House of Providence in 1887, and served the needs of area residents, including many injured loggers. Its original location, on what’s now Capitol Campus, is marked by a plaque across from the current Department of Enterprise Services (GA) building. The hospital has moved twice since then. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information see olympiahistory.org. A.D. Rogers Photograph, 1895, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives
St. Peter Hospital – 3/4/18
This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.