Location: 114 Cherry NE
|Spoon Auto Parts Building (State Ave frontage) 1965, Thurston County assessor, Southwest Regional Archives||
Spoon Auto parts building today (Cherry St frontage) (2015), photo by Deb Ross
The Spoon Auto Parts building at the corner of State and Cherry has been associated with the automobile repair industry since it was built in 1923 with a utilitarian design by Joseph Wohleb. As can be seen in the 1908 Sanborn Overlay map, this area was entirely under water until the Carlyon Fill of 1911-1912.