Location: 419 Central St SE
|Sanderson House, 1939, Thurston County Assessor, Washington State Archives||
Sanderson House today (2013), photograph by Deborah Ross
John Sanderson, a native of Nova Scotia, arrived in Olympia in the 1880s. He built this home around 1914 and he and his wife Annie lived here for many years. It is a good, and fairly early, Eastside Olympia example of a Craftsman style home. It would have been built about the time that the Carlyon Fill eliminated the Swantown Slough, making travel from downtown to Eastside Olympia much more convenient. It is on the local register.