Ruth Stubbs at Allison Springs – 8/17/14

8-25-14ruthstubbssmaller

Vibert Jeffers Photograph, Susan Parish Collection, Washington State Archives

Ruth Stubbs, now Ruth Stubbs Lewis, recalls that this photograph was taken as a publicity photograph for a calendar, in August of 1950. The Allison Trout Farms diverted Mud Bay’s Allison Creek into a privately owned set of artificially created pools and streams. Mrs. Lewis remembers the determination of the trout to break down the barriers that had been created to pen them in! In recent years, the South Puget Sound Enhancement Group has come to their rescue and restored the springs to their natural contribution to the McLane Creek estuary. Photograph selected and captioned by Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. For more information, see olympiahistory.org.

 

This entry was posted in Looking Back - Images from page 2 of the Sunday Olympian. Bookmark the permalink.