In the heyday of the motion picture industry, downtown Olympia had several movie theaters. The Zabel family owned several of them. This one, the Ray, was located at the corner of 5th and Washington, at the current site of the Timberland Bank. Photograph selected and captioned by Deborah Ross on behalf of the Olympia Historical Society and Bigelow House Museum. More information is available at olympiahistory.org.
Esterly Photograph, 1914, State Capital Museum collection, Washington State Historical Society